Greenabsinthia

King of Thorns
Mark Lawrence
Charm
Sarah Pinborough
Tamed by a Highlander - Paula Quinn I looked forward to reading Paula Quinn’s Tamed by a Highlander with great anticipation and was lucky to receive an ARC. I was not disappointed.

Paula Quinn has a unique ability to transport her readers back in time, where you, for a few hours, become a participant in the splendors of the court of the English king and a member of Clan MacGregor.

Mairi and Connor’s story is both heartbreaking and heartwarming. At times you giggle your way through passages, while minutes later you are sobbing into boxes and boxes of tissues...or cursing the stupidity of men, and wanting nothing more than to throw things across the room.

While all of the books in the series have great male protagonists, I find that her female characters are my favourites. Paula Quinn’s female characters, Mairi especially, are assertive and intelligent. Nothing will get in the way of what they want or protecting their families.

There were times, while reading Tamed by a Highlander, where I did not know how the story would end up. In no way is that a bad thing, it just made me want to keep reading the book. The only negative thing about this book is that it ended.

If Tamed by a Highlander is not on top of your summer reading list, you are missing out on a great few hours in the company of the MacGregors.